Friday, July 30, 2004
~Chapter 4- Under the Night Sky~
~PART ONE~
Disclaimer: The recognisable characters from Cardcaptor Sakura do not belong to me, they belong to Clamp. I only own characters like Jadeite, Kou, Shingo and Akino, I also own the measly story-plot. So don't take that away from me as well.
Key: "..."- Speech
"..."- Thoughts
(...)- Destination
*...*- POV
~~~~~- Scene Change
*- Foreign words (Meanings are at the bottom of the page...)
//...//- Telepathy
Author: HAHAHA! I show my evil side! MUHAHAHAHA!
Kotomi (Pearl): (Shivers at the side)
(Daidouji Estate- Tomoyo's Room)
A cold and icy wind blew through the broken window. Causing Jadeite to sneeze.
"Oh dear, now you've made me catch a cold. I think you have to pay for a medical fee. So, who's booting it?" Jadeite turned to the assasin with long black hair.
"How about you?" Jadeite asked, her voice dripping with honey.
The assasin's eyebrow twitched as he held himself back from losing his anger.
"I'll take silence for consent then." Jadeite grinned, "But it won't be mine you'll be paying, it'll be yours."
Before the assassin could react, Jadeite had dashed towards him and punched him in the stomach, causing him to fly backwards, out of the window. Following him was Jadeite who leapt out right after him.
His brown-haired comrade rushed to the window, only to be thrawted by a kick at his legs. He fell over heavily only to be thrown into a wall. Before he could recover, someone pinned him against the wall with remarkable strength. He opened his eyes half-expecting to see a strong, muscular agent that had come to the aid of the two frail looking girls. But to his surprise, it was the petite, auburn-haired agent who was holding him up.
"No so tough now, huh?" Sakura cooed. (Author: Man, I made her totally out of character...)
Syaoran growled as he somehow tore Sakura off him.
Sakura did a somersault halfway through the air and landed firmly on her feet. She glanced worriedly at the closet, something which the high-strung assassin didn't miss.
I need to get him away from this room... Sakura frowned.
"Come and get me." Sakura challenged and jumped out of the window.
The brown haired assassin looked out and saw that she was headed for the roof. He looked hesitatingly at the closet, before taking off after her.
(Author: I'm sure you've guessed who the assassins are. I'll be using their names from now.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(Daidouji Estate- Garden)
The breeze whistled through the leaves of the trees. The sounds of frogs and crickets mingled together, creating a strange sort of harmony. In the midst of it, two figure stood in fighting stances while starting a sort of staring contest.
We're evenly matched. How am I going to beat him? He doesnt even look tired..." Jadeite went over her thoughts as shaded eyes met shaded eyes.
Little did she know...
*Kou's POV*
She's strong. Stronger than all of the agents from 'Fantasy Angel' that I've fought so far. She must have cost alot...
//Kou!// a voice pounded into my head. It took all of my self-control not to wince.
Great, now Syaoran wants to distract me using the telepathy device.
//What?// my eyebrows furrowed.
//I think I know where our target is.// Syaoran annouced.
//Really? Where?// I immeadietly took my attention off the fight.
//You know the closet in Daidouji's room?// Syaoran asked.
//Daidouji's inside?// I speculated.
//Should be. I saw the agent glance at it worriedly.// Syaoran told me.
//Okay. Tell Shin...//
//Ah! Phew! That was close!// Syaoran panted.
//Got a little more than you can handle?// I teased.
// Yeah. You know the small, brown-haired girl who looked as if she couldn't even lift a book?// Syaoran questioned.
//Yeah?//
//She's tougher than I thought.// Syaoran ended dryly.
//Lookes like that Great Li Syaoran has finally met his ma- Ow!// I felt a foot connect with my stomach, the agent had charged at me when my attention was turned.
//Looks like you did too.// Syaoran chuckled.
//Uh-oh.// I gulped.
//What?//
//She's got knives.// I dodged one that was thrown at me.
//Lucky. The agent I'm handling has spikes at the end of each boot.// Syaoran sighed.
//Boots with spikes?// I sweatdropped.
//Yeah. Can you call Shingo?// Syaoran asked.
//Okay.// I answered as I aptly block a kick aimed at me and delivered one myself.
//Thanks -Woah!// Syaoran gasped.
//You're welcome, I think.// I sweatdropped.
*End of POV*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Daidouji Estate- Tomoyo's closet)
*Tomoyo's POV*
Huh? Where am I?
I groggily got up, my vision blurry. I blinked wildly. My vision cleared, but I couldn't see, everything was pitch black. I felt around myself and touched something metallic and cylindrical. It was a torchlight. I hastily switched it on. Finally, I could see my surroundings.
Hey, there's the sweater which my grandma knitted for me. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever wore it, ah! I'm definitely in my closet. But what am I doing here?
I flashed the torchlight around, hoping to find some clues. A small, angular thing caught my eye. A piece of paper! I picked it up there was the neat and cursive handwriting of our dear Jadeite.
This is what it read:
Tomoyo,
We heard a noise nearby. We think it's assassins. Stay put and try not to make any noise. The door is locked. Even if you don't hear anything, there might be assassins about. Before we open the
door for you, we'll call out our names. Don't worry, we'll be back soon.
Sakura and Jadeite.
Yeah, right. I'll guess I'll just have to wait. I can't open the door anyway...
Sighing. I leaned back and began to muse about how bored I felt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Daidouji Estate- Tomoyo's Room)
I black-clad figure with platinum hair and gray eyes sat up groaning.
That agent really kicks hard... Shingo mused as he stretched.
//Shingo. This is Kou.// a mental voice sounded in his head.
//What is it?// Shingo asked, still hurting from his bruises.
//I need you to check out the closet in Daidouji's room.// Kou instructed.
//Okay. But why the closet?// Shingo questioned.
//Syaoran thinks Daidouji's inside.// Kou answered.
//You're the boss.// Shingo shrugghed.
He spied a sleeping bundle of cloth and flesh on the floor.
//Kou.// Shingo called.
//What?// Kou replied annoyed.
//Do you want me to wake Meilin?// Shingo asked sheepishly.
//Why not, she'll be good backup.// Kou contemplated.
//Yessir!// Shingo saluted.
Sighing, Kou switched off the connection.
"Hey sleepy head, time to get up." Shingo shook Meilin gently.
Meilin muttered something incoherent in her sleep, before punching Shingo square in the nose. Shingo doubled over in pain, clutching his near broken nose.
//Syaoran?// Shingo clicked the connection on while still holding his nose.
//What?// a annoyed voice answered back.
//We've got a problem. I can't wake Meilin up.// Shingo sighed.
//Solve it yourself. I've got more on my hands than I can handle.// Syaoran growled.
//Really? Like what?// Shingo asked interested.
//Like a small, auburn-haired agent with and attitude, armed with boots with a spike attached on each end.// Syaoran said dryly.
//Boots with spikes?// Shingo said disbelievingly.
//Yes, whether you believe it or not.// Syaoran grunted.
//So, what about Meilin?// Shingo asked again.
//Just wake her up!// Shingo sighed as the connection clicked off.
Easier said than
done...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Daidouji Estate- Roof)
Two black clad figures stood on the top of the tiled roof. The stars were twinkling brightly that night, as if to outshine the moon in a contest. The moon was doing it's best as well, gleaming as brightly as it could. But so far, no one was winning. It was 0 to 0, the odds were even.
The two black clad figures fought like there was no tomorrow. Kick, block, punch, block, dodge, kick, punch and block. The two figures moved in scinth (?) as if in a warrior dance, creating a lovely effect.
Syaoran growled, How much longer is this going to take? It would have usually ended much earlier...
Sakura was sweating profusely, This guy's tough. He dodges all of my blows. When is this going to end... Wah!
Knowing our dear Sakura, who was perfectly coordinated, and who could always make last minute decisions, but who could never think and act at the same time without having an accident, she tripped.
Squeezing her eyes shut, she waited for the impact.
There was a sound of a body landing of the tiles. Then, there was silence. Sakura lay there, still groggy from the impact.
Phew, lucky I landed on something soft. Sakura sighed when she felt no pain, only the shock of falling, wait, but there's nothing soft on the roof except...
Sakura opened her eyes. Amber-brown orbs stared back into her emerald ones.
"AH!!!!!!!!!" Sakura screamed and ran to the other side of the roof.
AH!!!!!!!! She molested me! Syaoran mentally screamed in his head, wishing he could scream out loud as well.
Oh my god! Oh my god! It looks as if I molested me! Sakura mentally banged her head, panting hard.
"Okay." Sakura said after a few minutes of panting, "Let's forget about this whole accident and pretend it never happened. Agreed?"
Syaoran nodded furiously, more than happy to accept.
Sakura aimed a kick at Syaoran, starting the whole routine again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Daidouji Estate- Tomoyo's Room)
//Shingo to Kou, Shingo to Kou.// a platinum haired boy sat cross-legged on the floor, tending to some of his injuries that looked as if it was inflicted by a human hand.
//What?// an annoyed voice rung into his brain.
//Well, I've got Meilin to wake up, but she's throwing a fit.// Shingo sweatdropped as he watched Meilin barking something about throwing him into the pits of hell.
//Ask her to pipe down. She'll attract attention.// was Kou's snappish reply.
//I've tried, but she kicked me in the groin.// Shingo internally winced as he felt pain shoot up.
//She kicked you in the groin?// Kou chuckled.
//Opps, slipped out...// Shingo said sheepishly.//So, can you tell Meilin to keep that mouth of hers shut?//
//No can do. I've got more on my hands than I can handle.// Kou replied.
//Like what?// Shingo said increduleously.
//Like the best agent from Fantasy Angel that I have ever fought, who is armed with knives and a bracelet that has retractable spikes.// Kou snapped.
//Bracelet with retractable spikes? First, boots with spikes, now bracelet with spikes. Technology gets weirder and weirder...// Shingo said.
//I know. Got to go!//
//Wait! What about-// the connection clicked off.
Meilin... Shingo sighed. This is going to beharder than I expected...
"Meilin!" Shingo shouted in the commanding voice which both Kou or Syaoran used on Meilin when she got too annoying for them.
"What?" She turned down on him.
Shingo's ego immediately shrank to half it's normal size, "Ah, well, hee hee. Kou wants you to pipe down. We still have a mission to complete."
Somehow, that was the right thing to say as the brunette immediately calmed down, "You're right. So, what does he want us to do?"
"He wants us to look into the closet." Shingo reported.
"What for?" Meilin asked curiously.
"Because, Daidouji might be inside." Shingo answered with a sly smile as he walked towards it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Daidouji Estate- Closet)
Why is Jadeite and Sakura taking so long... I'm getting bored... And it's so dusty and hot in here. I should have installed an aircon in here.... A very, very bored Tomoyo mused.
Hmm... Tomoyo suddenly picked up two voices. Is that Jadeite and Sakura?
No... Tomoyo frowned after listening closely. It's not them. One's a girl and the other's a boy... They sound familar though...
Suddenly, the closet door lurched. Tomoyo backed away from it in surprise.
Oh shit! Tomoyo cursed, They're trying to get in! I need to hide! Now!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Daidouji Estate- Outside the closet)
Shingo shook the doorknob, hearing it rattle in his efforts to open it.
"Locked. What now?" Shingo turned to Meilin with a lost look on his face.
"Pick the lock with the lock-picking equipment, you idiot." Meilin growled.
"Oh yeah... Why didn't I think of that..." Shingo said sheepishly.
"That's because you're an idiot, idiot." Meilin snarled, "Get back to work!"
"Yes M'am." Shingo deflated at the sight of Meilin's scary expression.
Shingo began to work under the watchful and piercing gaze of Meilin. Seconds ticked by as he worked dutifully. Tick, tock, tick, tock... The rhythmic ticking of Tomoyo's bedroom clock was making Shingo more and more nervous, his palms began to sweat and beads of pespiration rolled down his face.
"Click." The locked opened.
Shingo sighed with relief and flung the door open...
It was empty.
Both Shingo and Meilin stared dumbly at the door.
//Um... Kou?// Shingo asked.
//What!// an excessively irritated voice answered back.
//The closet's empty.// Shingo reported.
//Then search somewhere else!// was the snappish reply.
//But there isn't....//
Suddenly, there was the sound of running footsteps at the doorway.
Shingo cursed. Oh no!We've been discovered!
There was the sound of voices shouting and more footsteps were heading in their direction.
Shingo glanced at Meilin. Her face had become deadly serious. It seemed that she was thinking the same thing.
Their eyes met for a split second, before they rushed to the window, jumping out. Shingo only paused for a second to warn Syaoran and Kou.
//We've been discovered! Get out now!//
Author: I've got a little surprise for everyone!
Kotomi: Hello everyone! I'm the surprise! A new muse!
Author: This is a little very, very belated birthday present to my friend Pearlyn. Kotomi is her pen name.
Kotomi: Took you long enough to get this chapter out.
Author: I know. I was lazy, sorry.
Kotomi: So where's my real birthday present.
Authot: Oh that... You'll have to wait until I finish part 2.
Kotomi: You mean the chapter isn't finished.
Author: Uh no. You see, it was getting really long, so I decided to split it.
Kotomi: (Sighs) Whatever you say.
Kotomi: Remember to send your comments to cute_little_ichigo@hotmail.com, Thank you!
aI aka ichigo aka Dorcas Roxann blogged @ 6:39 PM